Thursday, January 18, 2007

Inspired

I'm currently reading a book written by the Barefoot Sisters who hiked the AT. They started in their native state of Maine and hiked to Georgia. They not only did that, but got to Georgia, turned around, and walked back to Maine. And not just that, but as their name implies they did most of the trip barefoot.

I have had the great fortune to meet these wonderful women a number of times. One of them even donated her rain coat to me the last time I hiked the AT when I got mine stolen from my pack in Damascus.

In reading the book, all kinds of vignettes are coming back to me from my own hikes and I am toying with the idea of actually taking a stab at writing my own account. Toying with the idea, mind you. Don't search Amazon for it just yet.

No comments: