Wednesday, February 7, 2007

That New Car (freshener) Smell

At last I have been able to see the car I purchased a month or more ago. It was parked here in NH and I have been in Kentucky since November. It has been very well maintained. It has far more bells and whistles than I'd like, and I have to get to know how to operate them. For example, this car has an alarm system and I found out that if I hold the "lock" button on the key-chain too long it sets the alarm off. Who would have thought? Furthermore, it seems safe to assume that if holding the "lock" button too long sets the alarm off that depressing the "unlock" button would turn it off. But the old adage about assuming was not debunked and the alarm continued to blare throughout other attempts such as putting the key in the door and turning it, and putting the key in the ignition and starting the car. Finally I disconnected the battery and that did the trick.

I guess I'm officially old since I prefer the simplicity of my older cars. At least this car has a stereo that works which is a HUGE improvement when it comes to long trips!

No comments: