Monday, November 17, 2008

Catching Up

I've been back in New Hampshire since mid September. I am usually able to pick up my old job right where I left off but this year is the first time in 9 years that it wasn't possible. It's a sign of the tough economical times. I have been waiting for another job to begin - a painting job that will take me through the winter, but when that job begins is out of my hands.

An LA friend of mine, Michelle, has offered to fly me to her place in CA to do some home improvements. I know her from Burning Man and we've been good friends for perhaps 4 years. We both benefit from this arrangement as she'll end up paying less for the work even with airfare included than she would if she hired an LA contractor. And of course I finally get a positive cash flow. The biggest worry for me is that I don't like to fly. Many know that I'd rather drive across the entire country if it takes me a week than fly. But time won't allow it.

I'll be gone for 2 weeks and will be returning to New Hampshire on Dec. 3rd.

No comments: