Thursday, November 20, 2008

LA - what a trip


The flight out to LA went very smoothly. My father was kind enough to drive me to the airport which simplified the heck out of things. One never knows about possible traffic pitfalls so we got an earlier start than we needed to and got to the airport so early that had I been taking an international flight I would have been early even for that. But I managed to talk him into buying me a coffee roll from the airport Dunkin Donuts even though he knew it was over priced.

I couldn't have asked for a smoother flight. There was virtually no turbulence.

I set my watch to Pacific time when I landed so when Michelle and I finally had dinner at 10:00 I wondered why I was so tired. By the time I went to sleep at midnight it occurred to me it was really 3:00 according to my internal clock.

I'm building a pergola for Michelle. That and other home improvements is the whole idea behind this trip west. So far so good. We spent the morning at Home Despot and a lumber yard getting the necessary tools and material. I spent the rest of the day measuring and cutting parts.

LA is just like it's seen on TV. Only on TV we are used to seeing everything from Armageddon to aliens. So LA doesn't seem too crazy.....until one actually gets here and realizes this ain't TV any longer and LA is still just as over the top. I don't actually have any great stories yet, but from Michelle's back yard I could hear a whole army of sirens on what must have been a chase of some kind because it continued to move in direction for half an hour or more. It was complete with helicopters.

And yeah, it's warm here. 60 at night and mid 70's to 80's during the day. Thank goodness I could hug the shade while I worked!!

No comments: