Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year?

I hope so. I'll be staying in tonight and keeping it really low key.

It's raining and 60 here. Even Sarah's ultra Republican father has been forced to admit that global warming is here. That must have hurt to admit.

Work keeps trickling back to me about the new car I bought but have yet to see. It's white, has a sun roof, an alarm system that would scramble jets if Pease was still an Air Base, and a stereo so complicated my young sister couldn't figure it out. I'm used to quirky cars, but quirks at the other end of the spectrum, for example, having to put my foot under the clutch and pull up to make sure it has fully returned, no heat in winter (a given no matter what car, even the non-VW's), or touching two raw wire ends together to get the high beams to come on. This new car sounds frightening complicated and expensive once it begins to age more.

I'll be starting a new job this Tuesday painting the inside of a two-story house going on the market soon. I'll be the only painter. It looks like a straight-forward job and I'm hoping it goes smoothly.

Check in next year for the next riveting installment of my blog.

No comments: