Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tired of Shoveling Snow


For those of you that aren't in NH, we are about 10 inches away from setting an all time record for the most inches of snow to fall in a winter. That means a lot of shoveling. I shoveled and used a snow blower for 7 hours yesterday. The banking beside the driveway is so high now that I had to knock it down a bit so the snow blower could get the snow over it. It's the first time this year I've resorted to using the snow blower. I don't want to pollute for what can be done by hand. But after pulling the snow off 2 roofs I had a 4-foot deep cone of snow in the driveway of packed snow.
Today I shoveled the roof of a large home with many dormers, valleys and a wraparound porch. It took me 6 solid hours of shoveling to remove the snow. I'm exhausted. I'd be OK if I don't have to do this again this winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! A picture is worth a thousand words. That is quite the snow bank.