Saturday, April 12, 2008

Didn't Make It Out

I'm still in Colorado.  The weather closed I-80 yesterday so I couldn't get on the road.  I'll leave today after I get some sleep since it's 1:00 a.m. 

Got Milk? and I went for a short hike today to get some exercise.  I was happy to find that I'm not the sorry load I feared I might be.  We saw several large herds of mule deer.  

I have been planning on taking a Greyhound bus from Yuba City where I'll be leaving my VW down to San Diego.  From there a friend will get me from SD to the start of the trail.  I just now took a look at the bus schedule for the first time.  I'm sad to find that it will be a 24 hour ride on the dirty dog.  I've done it before.  I don't like it.  I was hoping it wasn't quite that long of a ride.  That's the way it's gotta be though.  I'll have to make the most of it.  

No comments: