Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mass Transit

Last night I saw Reruns, my friend from the Appalachian Trail ('98) and his wife Sara at their place.  I was glad that I got the chance to see them.  Reruns is one of those guys that makes me laugh even when he's not trying.  We went out for a great meal and then back to their place for the night.  It was great to hang out with them and share stories.  There's a chance that I'll run into them again on the trail as I make it up to Yosemite.

We were up til 11:00 pm and up at 4:45 a.m. so that Reruns could get me to the bus.  Getting up at that hour was rough but Reruns didn't flinch.  I rode a train for 6 hours and a bus for another 2 which has landed me in L.A.  The train is definitely the way to go and beats Grey Hound (The Dirty Dog) by a long shot.  

Just one more day of travel by vehicle and then it'll be just me and my feet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian,
I am enjoying living vicariously through your blog. I envy your free-spirited-ness as I am trapped in educational hell.
Be sure to take lots of pictures.
I hope you are well.
xo
Kim